Public

Evidence from Denmark suggests that, when given optional instead of compulsory retirement savings plans, only 15% of the people effectively use them. The remaining 85% of the individuals will only make retirement contributions under compulsory schemes (e.g. employer contributions).

Chetty, R. et al (2014) Quarterly Journal of Economics

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s